Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Funny Thing Happened Online

I've noticed before that the more desperate a guy acts around women, the more turned off by him they become. It's a strange dynamic, very similar to a predator/prey relationship. The hunters gather for the kill, and the hunted panic the closer he gets. The successful hunter is the one with the most patience, the one who lays in wait, intentions disguised, then pounces unexpectedly. A successful kill always requires cunning, deception, and skill.

As I've decided to branch out and explore my sexuality, I've been flirting a bit with guys online. Since I'm pretty new at this, I find myself taking the roll of the hunted. Which is fine, because having to always be the aggressor in the heterosexual world can get kind of exhausting. As the prey, you just relax and have them come to you, if you want to be preyed upon, that is.

Being able to sit back, as potential suitors stumble and fall all over themselves, and effortlessly employ selectivity preferences fucking rules. Now I feel the power and privilege that women do as they sit on the throne of sexual dynamics, possible mates paraded in front of them like a carnal banquet, "no, no, no, yes, no, no, no."

It's been a real eye opener to see what men are like when it's clear they are thinking with their dicks, and most notably what my reaction is when they come on so strong, and how similar that reaction is to those that I have gotten from women when desperation has taken control of my brain.

A recent exchange was a prime example of this. A gentleman with nice photos of a thick, juicy cock sent me a few messages saying he liked my profile. After an exchange or two, we started to discuss the possibility of meeting for a tryst. That's when he said, "sounds good, I'm up for anything, I'm free tonight and all this weekend."

Right away I lost interest. "Tonight?!" I thought, "wow, this guy moves fast. Too fast!" And suddenly I felt that deer-in-the-headlights sensation, like I'd been singled out for the kill but like I wasn't ready to be taken. Don't these predators know when to strike and to do it gracefully and subversively? Didn't he know that I was playing the selectivity role and he was supposed to cleverly make it seem like sleeping with him was my idea all along?

Immediately I realized that I was playing that role, that I had become the fickle love interest that had left me so confused with women before. It made me realize that all the women I had pursued but never gotten throughout my life had all acted out of this basic principle of attraction/repulsion. I had come on too strong and extinguished their desire with my advances, and now I was getting a chance to wear the other shoe. To see how a strong advance could diffuse my curiosity in an instant.

Sure seems easier to let the suitors come to me, to pick and choose as I please, rather than to make a fool of myself trying to be the potential mate among the pack of dumb-ass hyenas clambering all over each other, snapping, nipping, yelping, fighting amongst themselves for the tiny scraps of pussy-meat tossed their way.

1 comment:

HyperSexualGirl said...

A few rare guys are so totally alpha they conquer a girl without effort and you just let them. They're not brash or pushy or demanding or misogynous. You just submit because it seems so natural. There's really no hunting at all; it's sort of like a lion with a rabbit. I don't know a woman who isn't responsive to guys like this, but there's no way a guy who isn't this way can fake it.

Most girls won't get the alpha guys, however, because they get the pick of the herd. So it's not like every woman can do the "no, no, no, yes, no" thing.

As for the other 99.99 percent of guys, you're right that desperation is not attractive. There seems to be a reverse correlation between desperation and confidence -- the more desperate a guy is, the less confident you know he is. And less confident men are generally not attentive lovers. When you really don't get a whiff of desperation, but you know he really digs you and wants you this minute, that can be very sexy. But then he's almost certainly very alpha and extremely confident.

As for Mr. Free Tonight, if you're posting on something like adultfriendfinder or craigslist, I think that sort of immediacy goes with the territory. People are on those sites to get fucked and now, as blunt as that may sound. They want it now, not three days or two weeks down the road. I know when I used to hook up with guys online, that was pretty much par for the course. Guys aren't looking for dates; they're looking for release.