Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Thinking - Ain't It Legal Yet?

Years ago, I groped and fucked my girlfriend in the mornings before she woke up - at her request. She said she absolutely loved to be woken up in the mornings by sex play, and it was true. It was how she wanted to greet the day. She would tell me the night before that she wanted to wake up with me fondling her, with my finger wiggling inside of her pussy, or sometimes she would say that tomorrow she wanted to wake up with my cock inside of her. We were in love, I'm a man - what was I going to say, no?

Only problem was, as I found out later, that this is technically considered rape. She was not the type of person to set me up, to pull the psychobitch switcheroo and call the cops. She just liked to wake up getting fucked by her boyfriend, that's all. Wasn't that her choice and our own private business? Not according to the letter of the law. I guess I just have to trust her not to press charges, huh.

There are fetish and sex-play books that describe a rape-fantasy role-playing scenario for couples. I've browsed and borrowed some books over the years, and it came with reading them that I found out that what my girlfriend had asked me to do was technically illegal. It was a strange moment to realize the implications.

Another girlfriend from earlier in my life had been brutally raped in a foreign country while we were together, and to this day I still fantasize about going to that country and finding the perp to execute my revenge. She and I had a beautiful relationship before her trip, and when she got back she said that the incident had killed her desire to be close to any man. She broke up with me to take the space she needed to put back together her shattered life. She dropped out of college, moved back in with her mom, and later forgot my name when I called to see how she was doing. We never spoke again, but I still think about killing that bastard for what he did to her.

3 comments:

NC said...

I'm not sure how this could be considered rape. Rape is forced sex without consent. You didn't force her, and she consented previously to allowing you to wake her up with sex in the future.

Anonymous said...

Take a look at Dan Savage's column about this topic.

http://www.citypages.com/2007-06-27/columns/savage-love/2

Benny Hamilton said...

Anon, thanks for posting that link. Savage Love is one of my favorite columns, I didn't know that he had touched upon this topic (he even called it a thought crime!). Nick, if you go and read the article you can see what the argument is for this being considered rape. I do not agree that it is rape, and posted my comment for thoughts on the matter. Thank you both!