Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Our First Fight - Not Really

I finally confided in Patrick that I've been writing in my blog some pretty specific details about our love affair. "Like what, EVERYTHING?!" he cried, and I said, "pretty much, yeah."

He doesn't quite understand the blogging phenomenon, and I think maybe he thought I've got my real name and Social Security Number, street address and phone number published for all the world to see. He was convinced I was using his real name too, and was pretty well pissed off to think that I would betray his trust like that.

"[His real name], honey, I'm the one who's in the closet here, remember? Besides they all think your name is Patrick. And they don't even know what town we live in, let alone what state. There are a million anonymous bloggers out there. That's what makes it so cool, and such a release for me."

"Oh," he said, and a playful smile curled his lips, "Patrick? ... That was my first boyfriend's name." And with that we kissed and made up. Well, kissed and made out was more like it.

Without trust, there is no romance anywhere. Period.

3 comments:

JOHANNES said...

I like Patrick for a name so I think we should all think of something more fitting for you. Benny Hamilton is just not working for me. Benny and Patrick?

Let's ALL work on that guys.

Stan said...

I agree with JON. It's obvious the gay side of you didn't pick the name Benny. But it sure did with the name Patrick. Nah, Benny doesn't work for me either.
Patrick's naivete' about blogging is so cute making him even more adorable. Your a lucky guy.

Benny Hamilton said...

Well you can't win them all, huh guys? ;)

Stan you're probably right, I think my unrepentant perverted side came up with Benny. Sounds like a sex offender's name! lol

If you'd like, think of me as Benjamin, but I still won't change my pen name. I like it and that's all that matters.

Thanks for commenting.