Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Somehow My Heart Flutters

I just finished playing phone tag with Patrick, and finally he won. I had forgotten that he went to the big city for a basketball game last night, and then we missed each other's calls this morning a few times. When we finally talked, he lured me over to his place with the promise of another amazing meal.

During the phone tag, it dawned on me how particular and faggoty his outgoing message is, and when I left my message he could tell I was laughing at him. Not in a bad way, but just that kind of delightful giggle that you get when someone you know just goes right for the punch line in terms of their personality. For a second, they intimate exactly what you love about them the most, and it just makes you laugh. The joy that wells up and just becomes a true heartfelt belly laugh.

I wasn't sure if he was upset, but he called me out for laughing at him, and asked to me explain why I was, indeed, cracking up when I left my message. So I read the subtext of his message to him. "Why bother calling if you can't leave a message, and don't fuck up when you do." And that it sounded like he gets a lot of hangup messages from friends that he can plain well see with the caller ID. Immediately he said, "exactly." Points scored for me, I guess.

When he asked me about dinner and what I wanted to eat, he said "besides my cock." And, I dunno, it kind of turned me off. Not sure why, maybe because food fetishes never ever worked for me - you know whipped cream on the nipples or whatever - or maybe because of wretched, unmentionable cannibalism imagery. Who knows, but I immediately thought that maybe I'm going to have to let him know that I like the advances, but it's getting to be a little too much for me right now.

So I'm going over to see him again tonight, and I don't exactly know how I feel about it. But talking to him definitely got my heart rate up.

No comments: