Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Gay Friendly TV

I like Bravo TV, they have fairly decent shows. I like Project Runway (Heidi Klum is so friggin hot!), Flipping Out, Million Dollar Listing, in particular. And Kathy Griffin's D-List show is pretty funny, but the other shows I don't pay all that much attention to.

What I like about Bravo most is the gay friendly programming. A lot of the characters are gay, but they don't make a big deal out of it. It's just treated as a normal thing, and it is normal. My point is that most TV shows treat gayness as a joke, like Will & Grace, which is still essentially homophobic. Bravo, on the other hand, does not make gayness the focus of a joke, but treats it as a simple fact of life. Many of the characters who are obviously gay don't make a point of coming out on the show, like Tim Gunn. It's not about their gayness, it's about them, not the fact that they are gay. They are just regular people. That's why I like it.

Another program I've seen that's gay friendly is on MTV. It's a dating show called Next. They have straight, gay, and lesbian versions of the show, but treat each one equally the same, no difference except who is going after who. I think that's cool, that a network like MTV, that caters to young people, treats gay dating as no different than straight dating. Good for them.

1 comment:

Joshua Carrey said...

I see you like gay sex. You may wanna check out my blog, as I relay my tragic (and often publicly humiliating)attempts to reinvent myself as a shameless man-wench!

Watch this space...